|Snow Falling on Our Halloween Decorations|
|Green Leaves on October 30th, 2011|
Since childhood I have jumped out of bed early on days when the world is blanketed in white. Snow mornings always feel full of promise and possibility. Today I was excited to get started on Jessica Sprague's Family History Album class and I hope you are too.
1. Purchase Family History Album Class 1. Use code FHA385 at checkout to receive a twenty percent discount. Create and save your password.
Time: 30 minutes
2. Sign in to JessicaSprague.com. On the upper right click on My Classes tab. Download and/or print all class materials. Extract files as needed. I made a file titled Family History Album on my desktop and used CutePDF to save each day's instructions. See snip at right to check that you have all of the files.
Time: 2 hours
3. Read through all materials. Decide if you would like to request a JS Mentor.
Time: 30 minutes
4. Check your software. You will need Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Photoshop Elements for this class. It is not necessary to have the newest version, but you can download a free trial of Adobe Photoshop Elements 10.
Time: varies by software experience
5. Gather, Organize & Create Title Page
This week we will complete days 1 to 3 of the Family History Album Class.
Time: varies by how much you want to do
6. Blog Post for Sunday, November 6
Post your title page using the heading [Your Title] - Scrapbook Sunday. Your post can simply include your title page image or any of the following ideas (or your own);
- which family you will be scrapbooking
- why you are scrapbooking this family
- challenges you faced to get this project started
- solutions to your challenges
- anecdote about your family
- digital scrapbooking
Be sure to include a link back to my blog, either to the Family History Scrapbooking page or to this week's instructions. I will have links to your blogs and posts and I will request a Scrapbook Sunday link in the daily Genealogy Blogging Beat. Post any questions below or on the Family History Scrapbooking page.
Happy Sunday and stay warm!